Green Lane is part of the Schools Linking Programme. We are linked with a culturally diverse school from ours, Haworth Primary School. We work with them on SMSC (Spiritual, Moral, Social & Cultural) development. This includes exploration of British values. We are linking with the classes virtually this year due to Covid-19.
What we hope the children learn from the partnership:
- Building a sense of togetherness with other children who are from different backgrounds;
- Creating shared learning adventures from within the classroom;
- Helping children recognise their feelings, promoting recovery and developing trust, empathy, awareness and respect for others;
- Providing opportunities to contribute to the wider community
- Using the questions Who am I? Who are we? Where do we live? and How do we all live together? The programme focuses on well- being and sense of belonging in our home and school communities, with the option of reaching out to others in another school.